Sunday, July 25, 2010

Professional Foray #2, Candy Kitchen, Bridgehampton

This place stinks:


Stinking place
According to one of the teenagers working there, it's been there since 1925, and I remember it from being in elementary school and going to Amagansett every weekend with my friend Liz.  The bus that we took from Manhattan dropped us off right across the street, and it always seemed like a great place.  Unfortunately, their ice cream is mediocre (to be generous).  The "fresh peach" flavor that my friend Nicole had was the neon color of a t-shirt from The Body Glove that I had in the 1980s, and there were no peaches in it to speak of.  My cherry vanilla and cookies and cream scoops were foamy, not-flavorful and completely unsatisfying.  The flavors tasted like aerated, sweetened milk with fillers and thickeners mixed in.

I must be smiling because I haven't tried it yet.


The man behind the counter lost his patience while I tried to make a carefully weighed, considered decision (his exact words were "I don't have all day to sit around while you pick"), so I can't even award points for nice friendly service.  In the end, it is a small local business, so I'll cut my criticism short and end this post now with a snapshot of the interior.
Bridgehampton, Main Street, 631-537-9885.  Small cone $3.25, large $6.50

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

Lick Me Everywhere Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template